Tuesday, January 10, 2006


There is no turning back now folks! Herman is coming to pick Mom and I up at 3am, and then we are headed to the airport. I don't think that I am going to sleep at all tonight, or on the plane for that matter. I have to stop in Toronto and Vancover before I get on my direct flight, so I'm putting Canada on the list of countries I've visited in this trip. I'm flying on Air Canada, which is a new airline for me. I bet they'll be tons nicer than American airlines. I hope that I get one of those huge airplanes with a 2nd floor- That would be so freaking cool.

I spent last weekend with Wende and my little nephews Adam and Jack. Those are some cute little boys. We opened presents, and I got a pretty cool digital camera. Now I can take pictures of my trip and share them with everyone. Jack loved his DVD that I got him, and Adam's hat fit perfectly, and now Jack is getting one because he really loves hats. Those boys are going to be so grown up by the time I get back. They've already grown up so much. Spending time with Wende was great too, since we hardly see eachother these days. We've know eachother for like 10+ years at this point. She went to SMCM as well, and is one of the main reasons why I chose to go there.

With the new digital camera, I spent most of the day taking pictures of my puppies. Its a great camera, and if Tucker would only sit still, I could have some great pictures. Here is the best one of Bertie. She's my Puerto Rican puppy. The camera also has video too!

At Lingnan, I'm going to be living on the 7th floor of my building, and my roomate is a third-year business major. I will get there at 6:55pm on the 12th. Someone from the school is going to come and pick me up from the airport. Gina is already in Spain and sent her first email of events. She seems to be doing pretty well there. I guess that it helps when you are fluent in the native language, unlike me. My sister got me some CDs to learn Cantonese, and so far I've picked up the word for English.

Well kids, I need to get back to all my packing. I am really going to miss everyone so much that I can't type. As soon as I get my mailing address, I expect lots of love letters and such. Yes, I'm looking at you when I say this!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

3am?! It's 3:30am RIGHT NOW!! Oh wow... so.. so you're gone then...
Well, dang. :(
And also: :D wow, you're going to have the BEST time EVER! Have a safe flight, and try to get some sleep :)

Anonymous said...

have fun, i hope everyone knows english!

culture shock is totes happening for me too, beware!

Anonymous said...

Chicken feet - - um, um good!!!!! Herman, Emily and Phyllis

Anonymous said...

POST SO0METHING NEW ALREADY! JESUS! Herman