Saturday, December 31, 2005

Leaving on a jet plane....

I've got my plane ticket, my visa, and almost all of my bags packed. Its only 10 days away but its almost here! Well, close enough for me to start getting seriously scared about going to Hong Kong. And I'm definatly not looking forward to the long plane flight. I think that its rounding out to be 19 hours now. I've got 2 guidebooks, and a CD set for learning Catonese that I can work on, but I don't want to be sitting for that long. I got home yesterday from spending Christmas with my Dad. Boy has everyone changed. Those little sisters of mine grew up very fast. I had a blast with them, playing Uno, and the Tycoon games, (which are only fun for the disasters). I got to see the Narnia movie with Elena, and Hannah caught me up on my dragon-info. I spent Christmas Eve with all my aunts, uncles, and cousins. It was really good to see everyone. Everything changes so quickly though. I also took my first photo with Santa, well with the girls and my stepbrother Aaron. I can't wait to get it because I know that it is going to be extra-cute. (Santa asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I said tution payments.) All-in-all it was a very nice trip and I really enjoyed spending time with the family. I got an email from Lingnan with my new housing assignment, class schedule, and email. My roomate is a 3rd-year business major, and I'm living on the 7th floor of my building. I promise to take pictures of the view and put them up. These are the classes I'm taking:
  • HST264 Survey of Indian History;
  • CUS115 Methodologies in Cultural Research;
  • CUS211 Cultural & Historical Writing
  • CUS309 Film & Cinema Studies; and
  • SSC217 Statistics for Social Sciences

I know that 5 classes is alot, but I won't have a job there, so I'll have more time for class. Emily told me tonight that she insists that I pay a trip to the statue of Bruce Lee that is in Hong Kong. I'm hoping that I get the chance to meet Dr. Jackie Chan- I kid you not, he holds an honoary degree from my university. He holds and athletic competition there every year. So maybe I'll get the chance to meet him. I also have the Peter, Paul, and Mary "Leaving on a Jet Plane" song stuck in my head, hence the title of the post. Its rather appropriate, considering all the flying I've been doing recently. I'm flying with Air Canada, which I've never done before, so I hope that it will be good. I hope that I don't need to get a transit visa, which would just be one more headache for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It really hit me today that I will be in Spain in less than a week. I was sitting at my sister's house at 1pm today - and I was like "a week from today I will have been in Spain for about 12 hours"

I am so overwhlemed. I just can't handle it. I figure I won't believe for real that I am going to Spain until I am actually there.

Anonymous said...

I AM WRITING TO YOU FROM SWITZERLAND OMG