Friday, December 09, 2005

35 Days Left!

Thats right folks, only 35 days left until I am in Hong Kong! Then I am there for about 160-162 days. I'm really excited. Jason came over last night to talk about travel plans, and I was asking him a bunch of questions about chopstick ettiquette, and then he laughed and said, "I refuse to answer any more questions. You are such an anthropologist!" And I was flattered, because, duh, I want to be an anthropologist. I've also been making a mental list of places I want to go when I am there, because according to Shirley, we have a lot of vacation days. So far I want to travel up to Bejing to see the Bejing Opera, and maybe all the touristy things like Mao's Tomb, Tianemen Sqaure, Forbidden City, etc. That would be nice, but I am more into non-touristy places where no one ever goes. I figure after spending about 5 months at the university, and around Hong Kong, that I won't be considered a tourist. I love the fact that there is a nature preserve almost right across the street from my university, even though we are in the middle of a city.


Other things I have discovered today:
  • Chinese television is awesome
  • 6.9 Million people in the Hong Kong S.A.R
  • I should really do laundry soon
  • People I work with think I am mean
  • There is nothing like a non-snow day, snow day
  • Chopsticks are better than forks
As for the end of the semester, I have a paper, a project, a take-home final, and then 4 final exams. Mom is coming down on the 17th to pick me up, and then I go out to WA to visit Dad and family from the 19th to the 30th. Then I come home until its time to go to Hong Kong. I am going to be doing a lot of flying this year, which is just fine by me. Tomorrow, hopefully, I will be up in Baltimore celebrating Vira's birthday with her and Jen. Its gonna be an awesome time, and promises much crazyness. I am going to miss Vira like whoa.


Any donations to the "Becca-in-China Fund" would also be greatly appriciated ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you're looking for things to do in Hong Kong:

-The Worlds largest outdoor Buddha statue on Lantau island.
-the pigeon resturant on Lamma Island. I'd tell you the name, but I don't know what it is.
-Stanley Market.
-the beaches in Shek O.
-the Peak, and all the tourist crap associated with that.