Sunday, December 04, 2005

Shirley is cool!

Tonight I had dinner with Shirley, the exchange student from Lingnan. Could you believe that I was actually nervous about meeting her? I felt like how well we got along is going to indicate how well I will get along with everyone else there. I also met the other student from SMCM who is also studying abroad at the same time as me. It turns out that Shirley and I get along great! She is really sweet, funny, and friendly. She made me feel very positive about the social life of the school, and I think that I will have an easy time with people over there and that I won't have any problems making friends. She even suggested that we should be roomates, which would be freakin awesome! When my folks come to pick me up at the end of the semester we're going to have breakfast with them. It turns out that Shirley is also going to be in Seattle at the same time that I am going to be visiting Dad, and it would be even cooler if she could meet Dad's family too. I can say with confidence that I have made my first Lingnan friend. She also told me that I will need to get a suit for my class presentations. We never had to dress up for SMCM presentations. I can't wait to go! I wish that I was leaving tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new adventure!! It sounds very exciting. I hope that you have lots of positive experiences. When will you be coming out this way? I'd love to see you, as well as the rest of us here (Mono, Aaron & Dominique). My only request for something from China is some live pix of red pandas. I know that there is a wildlife refuge & research facility there & they foster & shelter red pandas. Do that for me & I'll be auntie forever :)
Lots of love - Auntie Marie-Anne