Monday, August 01, 2011

New Job, New Apartment, New Dog

Today feels like a good day, and its nice to have good days in my life again. Working at the primary school was one of the most difficult things that I've ever had to do, and I kind of fell into a black hole that managed to swallow up a good chunk of my life. I feel like a country emerging from a period of isloationism, like the USA during the early 20th century. The bright point of my life during that black hole was my dearest Maddie-dog. I got her last August from a local shelter, Hong Kong Dog Rescue, which is an amazing organization. If you are looking to adopt in HK, please check them out. So Maddie is almost 2 years old now, and is such a sweetheart-very gentle, very calm, and affectionate. She sleeps right up next to me every night and is very polite about waking me up in the morning, not like Tucker, who attacks your face like its a squirrel. My loyal roomie and I have also moved out of the village of Kam Tin to a bigger apartment down the train line, back in Siu Hong. The complex is really nice and lots of people have dogs that are good company for Maddie.

Also have started another new job at a private tutoring center. I have a variey of students, both in age and ability, which makes life very interesting. Everyday is a little bit different, and I enjoy that, instead of the same old routine of get up, go to work, cry in the bathroom because of stress, come home, make a frozen dinner, go to sleep. (I told you that I fell into a black hole, remember?) Summer is still really hot, the trains are crowded, but I fell very content with my current life. And double-plus bonus- I will be starting a masters degree in athropology program in Septemeber at Chinese University. SO VERY EXCITED!!!!

1 comment:

Tab said...

I am excited to see you update! It's like a once a year thing. A very big deal.