Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Another dollar, another day

Year three of teaching in Hong Kong has officially started, and its off with a bang! This is the start of the second week of the semester, and its going really well. The weather has cooled down a bit, the students are excited to be back, and I get to help out with some pretty fun courses- Literature and Adaptation, and Asian Voices in English. I gave my first mini-lecture of the semester on Jane Eyre yesterday, which I enjoyed, but I'm not sure if I convinced any of them to read it, though they should! Its such a great book and I think that they would really like it, given the chance. I love that book.......

So what else is new? I've started up my yoga classes again, and let me tell you, Ashtanga is tough! If you want to challenge yourself at any time, try going to one of these classes. My yoga teacher thought it would be a really great idea to pull me into a backbend on Monday, and my whole body has been sore ever since. I'm a firm believer in the benefits of yoga, so this is going to pay off in the end. I've still got my part time job keeping me occupied, and lots of knitting to do. Life is floating along at a pretty great pace for now. There is talk of me coming back to Baltimore in December for a visit, but right now that is all talk. I'll keep you posted if anything else develops.

No comments: