Sunday, January 27, 2008

Computer Breakdown

I have some sad news, well sad for me. My barely 7-month old new laptop has decided to break down on me. I think that I might need to get a brand new hard drive! For those of you who have seen me when my computer has broken in the past, its not as bad as it was. I have a nice computer in the office that I can use, so it should be ok until I get the thing fixed. But that means no pictures uploaded for now. Sorry folks! I did learn some interesting things this weekend though:

  • I need to work on balancing myself on one arm
  • The movie theater in IFC tower serves hot buttered popcorn AND hot caramel corn!
  • It can go below 50 degrees in Hong Kong and not having central heat sucks
  • HK people have no idea what a "potluck" dinner means
And thats just happened within the past few days! Its been a fun weekend of eating really good food and trying to stay warm. The 50s might not sound cold to most of you, but here, where are the buildings are made of concrete and there is no insulation, its hard to make heat stick anywhere. I'm just grateful that I have a space heater and a lot of quilts. I hope that when my guests show up within the next 2 weeks that things warm up a little bit!

Happy Year of the Rat! (Kung Hay Fat Choi!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your comp. died?? Well, that's just sucky.
Also: Holy Updates, Batman! I didn't know you were actually updating us on stuff and things again! Haha - crazy about the forest fires.

Do you come home in May or June?