Saturday, January 19, 2008

Adventures in Knitting and Hot Yoga (Not at the Same Time)

The excitement has begun to build this week to the start of teaching again on Monday. Preparing for the semester to begin, while finding more things to do has kept me fairly busy this past week. Sunday was spent in Central at the bookstore and taking a yoga class. Now I have to thank Vira for introducing me to the "hot yoga" concept; its basically yoga done in a large sauna, and it feels great! You get really sweaty and stinky, but it makes you more flexible than usual, and its relaxing for the muscles. The class was really good, and so was the instructor, so I might go back and sign up for 3 month-unlimited class deal. I have to think about it for a while longer. Rose and I then went to the best bookstore in HK, after a nice long shower. Borders has nothing when compared to PageOne! I found a great new journal and a new historical biography to read. Just some more things to keep me busy.

The next day I helped my friend Greg move from his apartment in Wong Tai Sin to Tin Shui Wai, the next town over from Tuen Mun, my town. I think that I threw my shoulders out of whack because the next day, my back ached in muscles that I didn't know I had! That's what I get for doing intense yoga and moving boxes within 2 days! We also met up that evening with friends I haven't seen in about a year, Jessica and Kenny. They are a very happy couple that could be possibly moving to Shanghai soon, because Kenny is a commercial pilot. Maybe I can finally get some cheaper airfare now that I know some one in the industry. We spent a pleasant evening walking around Yuen Long and having desert. I got the most delicious mango cheesecake! All in all, a very pleasant weekend. This week, classes have started back up again, so I should have something more interesting to report by the end.

No comments: