Monday, November 28, 2005

I month until China!

Hey guys! I'm starting this blog as a personal request so that I can keep everyone posted about being in Hong Kong and all the awesome things that I am going to do there. It looks like its going to be an exciting time. For those of you who aren't in the know, I will be spending my spring semester at Lingnan University in Tuen Mun, Hong Kong. And I'll also take a couple weeks in the summer and travel with my friend Jason through Southern China, Thailand, and Nepal. (If there ever was anything you wanted from those places, now is the time to send me shopping lists!) I'll be there on January 12th until middle of June. Don't worry that I don't speak the language or anything, that just makes it more fun for me! Later this week I'll be having dinner with Shirley, the Lingnan exchange student, and Liz, the other SMCM student going to China. Shirley is very excited that there are going to be two Americans there, because they hardly ever get exchange students there. I've made a promise to myself that I will not be the typical "ugly American" tourist. I've even managed to get the use of chopsticks down!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

who is Jasion??????
Memee & Grandpa

Becca said...

Jason is a close friend of mine who I have known for years

Anonymous said...

Dude. Bring me back a pony!